Time for submitting the abstracts has been closed in the end of February 2022! We thank all the received 110+ submissions and look forward to hear about your work in June!
Call for Reports and Articles | Special Issue of Journal of Futures Studies (JFS)
Guidelines for In-person Speakers and Facilitators
Guidelines for Virtual Speakers and Facilitators
Earth’s systems are undergoing drastic transformations due to climate change, biodiversity loss, pollution and other human-caused environmental pressures. These changes are expected to introduce profound challenges for people and the rest of Earth’s life over the coming decades as various planetary system limits are crossed. Futures conference 2022 focuses on the wide variety of ways people imagine planetary futures to inform their ambitions to produce general health and wellbeing in our societies.
This conference explores questions such as: How can people today identify new pathways for fostering the conditions and behaviours that allow human and non-human life to thrive? How can health and wellbeing for humans and other species be supported at planetary scale? What structures and actions are needed to produce a sufficient level of human wellbeing at the global level to improve our socio-ecological resilience?
Conference in a hybrid format
In response to the pandemic, Futures Conference 2022 will be organised in a hybrid conference format. We encourage in-person attendance, but also welcome virtual participation for both authors and attendees. In order to plan a well-balanced hybrid programme, we hope you can already let us know your plans to be present in-person or online upon abstract submission.
Call for Papers, Posters, Sessions and Workshops is open
Conference organisers encourage you to share your findings, ideas, results and thoughts on (but not limited to) these key topics:
- Planetary futures: philosophy, methodology, ethical considerations
- Novel interconnections of health, social justice, land use planning and the environment
- Ecological regeneration and wellbeing
- Futures of mobility in relation to human health
- Cultural transformations and planetary wellbeing
- Humans and their technologies – impacts and effects of coupling tech with bodies
- Societal structures and individual agency – the need for systemic change?
- Local and global social justice, intersectionality and wellbeing
- Futures of lifestyles – relations to physical, mental, social and environmental health
- Effective governance of future health and social service systems
- Coping with past, present and future pandemics
The ‘Planetary Futures’ conference will create a cross-disciplinary platform where participants can meet, share, and discuss new ideas concerning health and wellbeing in relation to planetary sustainability. We aim to share the latest research results in futures research and promote networking between people from different backgrounds.
We invite interested contributors from universities, research institutes, companies, governmental and non-governmental organisations to submit an abstract (max. 400 words) no later than 28 February 2022 via:
Abstract submission starts: November 2021 Deadline for the abstracts: 31 January 2022 Extended deadline for the abstracts: 28 February 2022 Notification of acceptance for the abstracts sent by 31 Jan: 1 March 2022
- Notification of acceptance for the abstracts sent by 28 Feb: 21 March 2022
- Early-bird registration fees are valid until 14 April 2022
Contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the conference updates at: futuresconference2022.com and on Twitter with #futuresconference2022
Call for Papers in a printable pdf format
Abstract submission link https://link.webropol.com/s/futures2022